A PERSONAL LOG AND SKETCH BOOK OF MY UNIVERSITY WORK THROUGH MY FINAL YEAR. A PLACE FOR THE WORLD TO COMMENT AND FOLLOW MY PROGRESS

Tuesday 9 December 2008

_ Review on Presentation

Just got back from a tutorial with my group tutor Steve Morant and a review of my final presentation with my year tutor Bob Felix.
Steve's comments: more detail to be taken on the floor plans ie. better entrance areas, suggestion of lobby entrances and use for cafe of external area?
_Floor plan presentation to include more labeling, of adjoining Marriott Hotel Site and other buildings. 
_Change of furniture colour to emphasise the main walls. 
_Suggestions of more potential floors? Storage and cleaning areas in the art studio areas.
_The building to adopt a more design type image to suite its use for example, what would happen if the railings were to be designed by a graffiti artist?? Interesting!!
A some important elements to consider and investigate into.

Review with Bob:
Generally a satisfactory review. Elements noted included:
_to check my presentation and make sure all colours are legible when printed, screen to print discrepancies!
_small inclusion  of redefinition work. 
_Replacement.mix up of group site plan.
_Make sure all elements are labeled- sketches, images.
_Check floor plan, means of escape, where the WC's are located- floor planning element!
_*Important factor was he felt that there was an element of process missing from my sketches to my final design. I understand that as I did not include earlier designs, models, and sketches that I will remedy.

A number of areas to sort out and will result in changes to sheets etc.

No comments: